Friday, August 31, 2012

LUCIA'S DIARY: Father John Misty, Getting Rid of Things and Not Running From Problems

Last night I saw Fleet Foxes drummer J. Tillman play a VERY small show at Origami Vinyl in Echo Park. I was wearing a pink see through lacy thing with my Fab Stains earrings and my orange backpack. To have guaranteed entry, I had to buy the Father John Misty vinyl, Fear Fun. After the concert, I walked around with my friend Clem and we went to the arcade. I wanted to shave my head, sell my clothes, lay in a field of flowers and cry it out with her but I distracted myself playing a car game with her at the arcade. I'm not sure if any of my friends got any better photos of my outfit, but I got a photo of me with Misty. I'm also still planning on selling my clothes as soon as I move into a more permanent home. I asked and it will only be $15 to shave my head. It grows back right?

I also deleted my Facebook so if you need me call me or message me on tumblr.
I have an FYF ticket but I don't want to go. I guess I'm just not feeling so hot.
I'm trying not to think about the truly staggering amount of oil that it takes to make a record.

Please read this also: "What else do you do except to lie, to lie to yourself and to others, and to lie to everything which, in the depths of your heart you know to be the truth? You are obliged to feign an outward respect for persons and institutions that you find absurd. You remain timidly attached to moral or social conventions which you despise and condemn and which you know have no justification at all. It’s the permanent contradiction between your ideas, your desires and all the dead forms and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled, and imbalanced. In this unbearable conflict you lose all your joy of life and all feeling of personality because at every minute the free play of your instincts is being constricted, impeded, and stopped. That is the poisonous, deadly scourge of the civilized world" -Octave Mirbeau

1 comment: